Saturday, April 19, 2008

4th of april 2k8


Beautiful day here in genova. The port is quiet not so many people at this time but crews of different boats are starting to come for preparation, soon this place will be filled up again by lots of crowd from different parts of the world, sure, it’s the start of another season…so here we go again!

According to my old german captain peter, we will stay here in genova until may 4, then slowly will cruise down to naples, sicily then malta where we will pick up our first charter, 4 very nice, adorable and sweet regular guests of ours on the 15th of may. Guests will stay for 1wk and we’ll cruise around malta island. Then by june, 3 guests will come on board for another 1wk charter also in malta. Then next is august for 3wk charter with the boss and his wife and daughter and 2 dogs around malta and south of Greece. By September we will come back here in Genova, then vacation time again somewhere…Well that’s the plan for this season!

Im so excited now to discover malta and Greece, yes my first time and as always with my all first times, I got excited and thrilled to explore these 2 great places in Europe. Wow I have read some books about them and I just wanted to feel and experience and just get lost and have some more adventures with their people, culture, food and wine, language and history and art, everything that I could learn from them!!! This is what I want with my job…working with pleasure. Plus with great boss! What else can I ask for?

Vacation plans? So many options in my mind and so many invitations from different friends as well. Well that’s the problem of having a very limited time, you want to do it all but you just can’t or you have to organize your schedule very well.

1 canada and usa tour on October 13 to 27 with my sister robie who’s based in florida

2 mont blanc climb, highest mt in france, with my ayala mountaineer batchmate seint who’s based in london…sometime in October (well amci requested us amciers in Europe to do a 25th amci anniversary climb here)

3 mt. Kilimanjaro climb, highest mt in Africa…wow this is somehow a dream, but my dearest friend henry, a professional sierra madre mountaineer invited me to climb in November! Whhooaaa!!!

4 mt. kinabalu of malaysia, highest mt in asia, …hey bernz I need a guide, are you coming? Brother Bernie is also my amci batchmate who’s been there at the peak of kinabalu and he said it’s just a walk in the park climb! Yeah yeah!!!

5 tour in korea with jws & families maybe

6 and of course Philippines in my hometown in tayabas city, quezon province.

3 out of those 6 options will be fair enough for me to spend a great vacation this year.

btw, karim turned 47 today! he said he's old i told him it's only in the mind. he can be young at heart and spirit...

No comments: